Saturday, March 31, 2012

Mockingjay! *BOOK*

In this third and final installment of The Hunger Games trilogy Katniss must deal with the aftermath of her actions, and those of some rebellious friends, at the Quarter Quell. As she recovers from her injuries she cannot help but wonder about Peeta, who was not rescued from the arena. Her worries are founded when Peeta appears in a Capitol broadcast in which he appears to be on the side of the Capitol. As Katniss struggles to find her place in this rebellion she is asked to be the symbol or Mockingjay for the entire fight for freedom. Does she have the strength to be the Mockingjay? If she becomes the mockingjay will it endanger her friends and family? Will she ever see Peeta again?

This final installment accurately portrays the difficulty of starting and carrying out an overthrow of government. Circumstances continue to get worse and with every person lost in the fight Katniss feels responsible. The action and suspense are good, but maybe not quite as good as the arena action and suspense. The character development is wonderful and amazing considering the extreme pressure these characters are under. It would be hard to to portray them as truly human as Collins did. Readers should be satisfied with the ending, especially after some reflection. A nice ending to an unforgettable series. Highly recommended. I have to admit, this was a very touching book, and I enjoyed it. The only problem, which was minor, was that I faced lots of confusion is this book. I didn't grasp what Suzanne Collins was saying, and in the end, my friend had to tell me what happened in the story. I didn't get how Prim died (which I figured out from friend) and I didn't get many part in the beginning. I don't think that was Suzanne's fault, so that's not going against the stars.
I RATE THIS:★★★★★★(6/6)

No comments:

Post a Comment